sábado, 18 de julio de 2009

The verbs 'have' and 'can'

Teacher: I have a book, here it is.
Miss D.: Yes, she has one.
Teacher: Has the student on your left a book, Mr. B?
Mr. B.: Yes, he has.
Teacher: Has the student on your right book, Mr.C?
Mr. C.: No, he hasn´t
Teacher: Have I a book, Miss E.?
Miss E.: Oh, yes, you hace one. I can see ot in your hand.
Teacher: Have you a book, Miss F.?
Miss F.: No, I haven´t. I’m sorry.
Teacher: All right. You can look at the book of the student next to you. Mr. A. and Mr. B., have you both reading books?
Mr. A. and Mr. B.: Yes, we hace reading books. You can see them on our desk; but we haven’t excercise book.
TeachCursivaer: All right. I can give yo a piece of paper to write on. Have you an excercise book, Miss F.?
Miss F.: Yes, I haven’t reading book, but I have an excercise book.
Teacher: Can you read English, Mr. C?
Mr. C.: Yes, I can read English a little, but not very much.
Teacher: Can you read English, Miss D.?
Miss D.: Yes, I can read English, a little, too, but I cannot speak very well. I pronounce it badly.
Miss E.: I cannot speak English verywell. I, too, have a bad pronunciation.
Teacher: Have you difficulty with the pronunciation, Mr. A.?
Mr. A.: No, I have not much difficulty with the pronunciation; I can pronounce English quitewell, but Icannot spell it.
Mr. B.: What is the meaning or ‘spell’ please?
Teacher: Mr. C., can you spell ‘book’?
Mr. C.: Oh, yes, b-o-o-k.
Teacher: That’s right. Now, Miss D., can you spell ‘essential’?
Miss D.: No, I cannot. I’m sorry. My spelling is very bad.
Teacher: Can you spell ‘essential’, Miss E.?
Miss E.: Yes, I think so. E-S-E-N-T-I-A-L
Teacher: No, that is not quite right. What is wrong with her spelling of ‘essential’, Miss F.?
Miss F.: There are two ‘s’ in ‘essential’. You can’t spell it with only one ‘s’.
Teacher: That’s right, Miss F. Mr. B. can you now understand the meaning of ‘spell’?
Mr. B.:Yes, I understand it very well now.


GRAMMAR
The verb ‘to have’ (Present Tense)

Affirmative
I have.
He, she, it has.
We, you, they have.

Interrogative
Have I?
Has he, che, it?
Have we, you, they?

Negative
I have not (I haven’t)
He,she, it has not (hasn’t)
We, you, they have not (haven’t).


The verb ‘can’

Affirmative
I can
You can.
He, she, it can.
We can.
They can.

Interogative
Can I?
Can you?
He, she, it can?
We can?
They can?

Negative
I cannot (can´t)
You cannot (can´t)
He, she, it cannot (can´t)
We cannot (can´t)
They cannot (can´t)

No hay comentarios: